Sign in to follow this  
Kid Buu

Announcements & changes. 3/28/201

As most of you know its been a trying week for Dragonstone. Having been subject to a variety of attacks against our server causing us to have either huge lag spikes or downtime for the course of 4 days. These attacks were able to get through for a couple different reasons. We tried many options to resolve this and stay with our favored hosting company at the time. However despite our best efforts we were unable to mitigate the attacks to a point where the game server was playable. I reached out to some friends & fellow server owners and came to the conclusion we had to switch hosts if we wished to completely stop these attacks and continue to grow the server. We have officially switched over and have been free of any lag or crashes for over 40 hours. Despite our downtime our vote count has been increasing TREMENDOUSLY and our player base has suffered little to no loss. We would like to thank you all for the continued loyalty and support of Dragonstone. This all proves that we are here to stay despite any amount of adversity!

Due to the nature of the attacks, the things I had to learn through experience and data monitoring, etc as the sole owner/developer of Dragonstone left me little to no time to handle development over the last couple days so unfortunately I still do not have another update ready for you but I am working hard on some juicy content & bug fixes. I apologize for all delays & inconveniences. 

If you're in our official discord you already know the news that is coming next, but this is a proud decision & something worth bragging about for days on end.

Vam8 will be taking on a hefty new role in Dragonstone. I would like to reintroduce him as Dragonstone's Co-Owner. 
 This should have been his initial rank if you want me to be honest with you. However better late than never. Where does this decision come from? Vam8 has been a loyal friend for 4 years now. He has supported & cheered me on in every way possible, the entire time. To sum it up quickly; *Without Vam8 there would be no Dragonstone*. Its that simple. I know he has what it takes as a high-level staff member. I will be teaching & mentoring him in just about every aspect I can of managing a server. To be honest these are traits & skills he helped me develop so I am confident in this area. Eventually Vam is aiming to help with development as he learns enough to do so. This is something I would personally love to see as well and have much faith we can achieve this goal. Congratulations & Good luck Vam!

Dragonstone_Icon.png

• Like 1

Thanks for your hard work and good luck!

Pretty good. Keep up amazing work you two.